The purpose of the Bahá’í Faith is to unite all of humanity and rebuild society. It’s an organic process that can’t be dictated from above. It starts with the individual’s recognition that there is more to life than material gain, that we are spiritual beings and our greatest happiness truly is in serving others.
Such a transformational process requires skills and training. That’s where the study circles come in. Groups come together with a tutor and help each other recognize the spiritual nature of the individual, experience the power of prayer, develop skills and capacities, engage in service and embark on a lifelong learning process.
More courses will be developed in time; at present the study circles cover these areas of focus:
- Reflections on the Life of the Spirit – Individual transformation and the power of prayer.
- Arising to Serve – The importance of service and the reciprocal nature of the community and the individual, learning to share these Teachings with others.
- Teaching Children’s Classes – The first level of building community is educating the children, developing virtues, imparting the stories of our spiritual history.
- The Twin Manifestations – The lives and teachings of Bahá’u’lláh and the Báb, understanding that progress is made in cycles, telling the story of God’s Will unfolding through crisis and victory.
- Animating Junior Youth Groups – Assisting junior youth to develop moral discernment and spiritual empowerment.
- Teaching the Cause – Learning to present Bahá’u’lláh’s Teachings in a coherent manner suitable to the listener, learning the history, Teachings and future of the Bahá’í Faith.
- Walking Together on the Path of Service – Tutor training for teaching these study circles, developing the humility that we are all learners.
We invite you to join us in this process of learning and discovery. Study circles are open to everyone and range in size from 2-12 people. Contact us and we’ll connect you with a group in your neighborhood.